Thursday, July 13, 2006

Deja vu all over again

Today I received my pre-CHA copy of Scrapbook Premier. Like all the trade magazines I receive, I devour it cover to cover. This issue had no less than four articles -- all on different topics -- discussing what the industry needs:

  • hand holding
  • broader definition of scrapbooking
  • personal portable printers as a retail solution
  • importance of written instructions
  • competition vs. cooperation
I've been touting all of this for well over a year. In fact, I'm starting to identify what scrapbooking will be dealing with next year (should I tell...or maybe I already have?)

My boyfriend says one of my greatest assets is my ability to not say anything (drives him crazy!).

So, I'll do what my coach taught me. I'll bite my tongue, praise the concepts as fabulous, original ideas, and offer to help champion the cause. Besides, no idea is really original, and I'm thrilled that more people are doing the work and bringing the issues to the forefront. That's what we really need, right?

    No comments: