Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Blue Moon New Year, Part II

June
Summer was off to a busy start with a trip to Arlington to attend GASC and to bring Gregory for a week of Camp Invention. Grandpa and Pauline came to Galveston to bring him back, so that led to a FND with Bert & Holly. Joseph started the Junior Lifeguard program. Then the Hugger family met up again for Sr. Mary V's jubilee.
July
In July, Eddie and I celebrated our one-year wedding anniversary. I continued with improvements to the Houston house, slowly but surely. Joseph competed in Beach Fest as part of Junior Lifeguard and placed in two of his three events. But the big event of the month was Eddie's 30th high school Reunion with his friends from O'Connell.

August
Most of August was consumed with the ramp-up of Joseph's new school. Because it's a new program, a full week of orientation was held so all students were ready to hit the ground running on the first day of school. I was at the school every day to help any way I could and ended up serving the year as PTO president.

September
The Paws Gala was so much fun! Canceled last year because (duh) of Hurricane Ike, the main fundraiser for the Galveston Island Humane Society was held on the first anniversary of the storm. In true Island style, the anniversary was commemorated with a big party! Eddie and I made it to Austin for a fraternity mini reunion and to watch the UT/Tech game with Ted.

October
Eddie was guest cook at the re-dedication of the Shultz kitchen and wowed everyone with his paella. My sister, Jennifer, and her three kids came to visit and among other things enjoyed a day of fishing with the guidance of our friend, Arthur. We hosted the 30th Anniversary Oenophiles Wine Dinner, this year at 901 Post Office, where they served the pink champagne on ice. Then it was my turn to celebrate a high school reunion. And - finally - my house went on the market!


November
Well, November surely has the fewest photos. There are the obligatory FND photos (this one taken outside), which I've surprised myself with my consistency. I think there are few event photos because the house was in minor turmoil while a new floor was installed in the kitchen and sun room and Eddie got a new tv and sound system. We've been in the house for a year-and-a-half, and we're still moving things around! Speaking of: I soon get a contract to lease my Houston house! Now the real work begins: moving!

December
Joseph became a member of Boy Scout Troop 123 this fall, and every December the Troop goes to the Texas City Gun Range for a day of shooting. Joseph and Eddie had a great time of gun safety, good aim, and male bonding. Joseph hit his first round of skeet and impressed everyone by hitting the first pull! For the first time in my life, I spent Christmas away from my Hugger family. This year we stayed in Galveston and celebrated Christmas at home. Christmas Day was spent with Eddie's family now that parents are back in their home. And the year ended with a final move-out from my Houston house. Hooray!

No comments: